전체 페이지뷰

2012년 1월 10일 화요일

An ode to my home

Dear home,

 I think this is the first time that I have written an ode to you. In fact, I think this is the first time that I had taken any interest in you. I always thought that you would be with me, and would be near me. It is said that people don't know that the most important thing to them is the things that is always near them, like air and family. I think that this is the case. I always thought you would be right next to me, comforting me when I felt tired, embracing me when I felt sad. But now, I realized that you could not always be next to me.

 You always helped me when I was tired from school by embracing me with your warm arms. When I was especially tired, you had helped me by comforting me with one of your welcoming eyes. You had helped me cheer up when ever I was sad and shared my sadness while laughing together with me when I felt happy. You were a very important thing to me.



 You will probably feel very astonished. I had never payed you this much attention to you. I think this is because I had never took real notice to you. However, I promise that from now on, I will give you my attention and gratefulness. As yoiu might have realized at this point, I didn't write this letter just to compliment you. I also wrote this letter to apologize. Even though I had done something bad to you, I hope that you will understand me and forgive me and my crime in grace.

 You will remember the time when my dream was to become a traveler and travel the entire world. You will also remember the time when I said, "Home is so boring. Why don't we move to somewhere else?" Now I am fully regretting my words. I now learned my lesson; be grateful with what you have. I am truly sorry.
                                                                                      Your sorry friend
                                                                                                Lucy Kim

댓글 2개:

  1. Wow! Aren't you only a 5th or 6th grader? You sound more like a high school student! Your writing is mature, and I am impressed by your efforts to broaden your ideas about lovely home to the life lesson. Excellent work!

    답글삭제
  2. I agree with DJ. Excellent ode. And tomorrow you get to visit your wonderful home! It will be like visiting a foriegn country after being in KMLA so long. I hope you will miss it here. I wonder how long it will take?

    답글삭제